When I came home from a long day at work yesterday evening, I had a wonderful message waiting for me.
Rachel, over at racheltrieslife.com, has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you so much! You really made my day so, so much better! You all are probably aware of how important it is to get positive feedback on the things that you spend a lot of time thinking about, working on, and sometimes also being frustrated about. Getting such a message and nomination as a blog that is just starting out… that’s amazing. It makes me want to work so much harder on this blog.
In order to participate there are some rules to follow:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
2. Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post.
3. Share 7 facts about you.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and let them know you nominated them by writing a comment on their blog.
Right then, here are seven facts about me:
- I don’t feel like I belong to any one country, or any one city. I’m a traveller at heart. Settling down is difficult for me.
- I spend most of my free time on the computer, reading, watching series’ and films, writing…
- I have been dancing since I was 12 years old. When I turned 18, I stopped taking classes. Now, I’m back to dancing and it’s wonderful. Life makes sense again.
- My family and friends mean the world to me. I would defend them with everything I have.
- I’m not comfortable around strangers or in big crowds. Most of the time, people annoy me. Friends are exceptions. I do enjoy the anonymity of a big city, though.
- I love the concept of love. I’m not good with romantic relationships, though. It’s always either me breaking someone’s heart or me having my heart broken.
- I not much of a talker. I’d rather listen to what other people have to say. Give me something to write. Then, I’ll tell you all about me.
Now the nominations. I am still new here on WordPress, so there are tons of blogs that deserve to be nominated but that I simply still don’t know about. Therefore, I will add names in this list whenever I stumble upon a blog that I want to nominate and share with you. Here are the nominations so far:
- alittlewomanlysense.wordpress.com: This blog is just starting out but captured my attention immediately. A woman writing about her life experiences, her dreams, hopes and hardships. It’s inspiring, so go and check it out.
- plainlified.wordpress.com: Friend, writer and fellow globetrotter. She shares her writing (currently it’s poetry) and her travel experiences on her blog.
- bellejar.ca: A feminist blog with a variety of topics. A really interesting read.
- graphicpolicy.com: One of the first blogs I started following here on WP. Simply a must for comic book fans.
- martinimugnaiaphotography.wordpress.com: Friend and fellow photographer. I simply love her creative mind.
- … more to come 🙂